Picture

Picture

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

What foundation?

On what are you building your foundation?

Luke 6:46-49
Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you? 'Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broker against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well build. But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.

Our lives are a little crazy right now. We are going through a major transition out of a church and trying to find another church. Our friend circles have drastically changed. My time is spent on much different activities now compared to three months ago.  This is the first time since 2003 I am not on staff at a church. 

So many emotions. So many thoughts.

At this point we do not have an anchor in this world, other than our business, tying us down. This situation brings some excitement and some insecurity. It tests us in ways we have not been tested in many years.

But there is one thing I do not doubt: my life is built on the foundation of Christ Jesus. Knowing this brings stability, security, and hope.

The Lord knows what is going on in my life. He has me. He loves me. He cherishes me as his beloved child. For this I am amazed and thankful. I know not matter where we end up and no matter what we do we will serve the Lord. He is our foundation and our rock. May we glorify him with our lives.

Taken from reading Luke 6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment