Picture

Picture

Monday, March 6, 2017

Faithful with Little

Faithful with little.

Luke 16:10-11 One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?

If we saw reality as it truly is, nothing really belongs to us. God is the sovereign king of all things. He owns all of it. Each of us is allowed to manage a small sliver of creation. Everything I see around my house, my town, my state, my nation, my world actually belongs to God. He watches us deal with each other and handle his creation.

He calls us to handle resources in a way that honors him. He calls us to give and live. He calls us to put others first, to help others in need.

I know there are ways I can handle God's resources better than I do now. There are things I can improve on. That is my desire, to walk in total faithfulness to the Lord. I desire to glorify the Lord in how I steward his provision.

I am so thankful for what the Lord has allowed me to have and to do. I am truly blessed beyond measure. I must take inventory of what I manage and not allow any to be squandered. All of it belongs to God and I will give account one day for how I manage it.

All of us will.

No comments:

Post a Comment