Picture

Picture

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Weak and Strong

Sometimes God chooses the weak to overcome the strong in order to display His strength.

Judges 7:2
The Lord said to Gideon, 'The people with you are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hand, lest Israel boast over me, saying, 'My own hand has saved me.'

Gideon is a strange character. He was weak. His family was weak. His people was weak. He was also afraid. The only reason I can see why the Lord chose him is to put the Lord's glory on display, rather than man's. There is no way Gideon would have succeeded in any of his ventures without the direct hand of God on what he was doing. All of the decisions, actions, and strategies recorded are from the Lord. God made an amazing display of power through a weak man.

This is how God works sometimes. When we look at the life of Jesus. He was a humble carpenter from Nazareth (so it appeared). He lived a perfect life, died on a cross, rose from the grave, and saved us from our sins. What an amazing work form such a humble person.

This story gives me hope. I am a simple man from a humble background. Many of us are. When we look at the huge problems in the world it is easy to be overwhelmed by the challenges that exist. Can I make a difference? Why would God use me to impact the world? These are the questions that haunt many of us. 

The answer to these questions is an astounding, 'YES!' God can use you! God uses the seemingly insignificant to impact the world all the time! And when he does it he gets the glory!

Taken from reading Judges 6-10


No comments:

Post a Comment