Picture

Picture

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Why are we here?

Why are we here?

Luke 5:31-32
And Jesus answered them, 'Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

I think about the amount of time we spend with our Christian friends, talking about Christianity and I am amazed by the lopsided nature of our spiritual lives. Why are we here on earth? 

Sure, we are here to glorify God but how do we glorify God? By simply following the rules and teaching our kids about Christianity? Certainly we should follow the Lord's commands but I think it is more than that. 

We are here to call sinners to repentance. Many years ago, I was that sinner in need of repentance (I still struggle with sin, obviously). I didn't realize how lost I was until I came face to face with the reality of God's holiness and justice and my sin. 

I am forever thankful for those who contributed to my conversion. I don't even remember the preacher's name. I do remember the names of those who guided me in the process of expressing my repentance and faith to the Lord. To them I am thankful. Amber Odell, Brandon Hatmaker, Adam Lamle. To them I am so appreciative. The Lord used them to guide my into salvation. 

They were obedient to love me where I was and  to speak the truth into my life whether I received their message or not. 

This is how I desire to be. I desire to love people where they are and speak the truth into their lives. The Lord has to work in their hearts to draw them, but I can be obedient to share the wonderful news of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

Taken from reading Luke 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment