Picture

Picture

Monday, February 27, 2017

Fully Obedient

Full obedience is not common. 

Joshua 16:10
However they did not drive out the Canaanites who lived in Gezer, so the Canaanites have lived in the midst of Ephraim to this day but have been made to do forced labor.

The people of Israel had entered the land and conquered many of the people at this time. Joshua was allotting the portions of the land to the different tribes. All seemed well for God's people except this one thing. Ephraim and Manasseh did not drive out the Canaanites from their land. Instead they made them do forced labor.

God's command seemed pretty clear. Drive out the people of the land. If the Israelites did not follow through with driving the people out of the land the Israelites would end up worshipping false gods and turning away from the Lord.

This seed of disobedience is an indicator of future disaster in the land.

I look at my life and wonder if I have a seed of disobedience that will cause disaster in my life. I am not perfect, that is for sure. I struggle with some stuff here and there. I fall to sin. I repent. I overcome many things, but others I still struggle with sometimes.

I do desire to experience the life of radical obedience to the Lord. I know the Lord sees what is best for me and calls me to walk intimately and obediently with him. He knows me. He knows my heart. He knows all things. 

Taken from reading Joshua 16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment