Picture

Picture

Friday, April 28, 2017

To give to the Lord...

Ornan gave it all. He offered all that was needed for the sacrifice. Ornan did not offer to sell it. He offered to give it. 

1 Chronicles 21:23 Then Ornan said to David, 'Take it, and let my lord the king do what seems good to him. See, I give the oxen for burnt offerings and the threshing sledges for the wood and the wheat for a grain offering; I give it all.'

What does this say about Ornan? Was he a wholehearted follower of the Lord? Was he simply obedient to King David? We do not know enough about Ornan to answer that question. What we can see, however, is a heart to give what is needed to worship the Lord.

Where is my heart? Where are my loyalties? Am I willing to lay everything down to serve the Lord? 

This is something I need to ponder daily. I need to keep this question in my head consistently. 

Our hearts drift. They wander. They stray. We find ourselves falling into temptations which do not honor the Lord. 

We need focus. We need daily reminders and activities that bring us back to why life matters. We need repentant hearts. We need submitted minds. We need to think biblically. We need to love wholeheartedly.

May we do this. And may the Lord be honored with our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment