Picture

Picture

Friday, April 7, 2017

The Question of Solomon


All appeared great with Solomon. He built the temple. He made sacrifices. Queens pursued his wisdom. Kings admired him. Power, Wealth, Wisdom. 

1 Kings 9:4-5 4 And as for you, if you will walk before me, as David your father walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that I have commanded you, and keeping my statutes and my rules, 5 then I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever, as I promised David your father, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man on the throne of Israel.’ 

But is this enough to fulfill God's promise? Solomon was the most Powerful, Wealthiest, Wisest King to have ever lived. Is that what the Lord was promising to Abraham when he said, 

'2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.' - Genesis 12:1-3

Is it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment