Picture

Picture

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Molded

What am I becoming? What am I molding myself into? I am creating habits and rituals every day. What is the end of these? Honor and glory to God? Honor and glory for myself? The difference may look small from the outside.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Pressure comes from every side. Forces push and pull for my attention and time. What dominates me? What pulls?

I must be able to look at my life from the outside in, to recognize from where each and every desire comes. Sin? The Holy Spirit? The World? My life matters enough to design it intentionally. Led by the Spirit of God I must shape my years, months, weeks, days, and moments to bring the most glory to the Lord possible. I have one life, one opportunity to impact the world for Christ. One at a time I should choose my actions. To love the Lord and cherish him highly should be my aim. 

Yes, the Lord is sovereign. Yes he is in control. This does not relinquish my responsibility to act, to choose. I must act. I must step forward.

The Lord is good and holy and righteous. He is Lord. He is King. May my life bring honor to him.

Taken from reading Romans 11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment