Picture

Picture

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Enjoyment of Life and Peace

A fight ensues. A war wages inside each of us. Sin destroys us from the inside out. The Spirit heals and restores.

As a child of God I am free from sin. I can walk in the Spirit. I can experience peace and joy in the presence of God almighty. He is my Father and King and Lord. 

Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

I will not drown in the swam. I will not sink in the quicksand. No demon will chain me. No devil will hold me. 

I will walk in the Spirit. I will rest in his presence. I will live with joy. I will embrace life. I will have peace. 

I will behold beauty. I will basque in laughter. I will soak in the waters of divine poetry and wonderful story.

The world is drenched in the glory of God. Fallen, yes. Corrupted, yes. But full of life and wonder.

I will cherish my son. I will teach him the ways of Almighty God. I will nudge him toward life and eternal significance.

Thanks be to my God and King for this wonderful gift of life. There is nothing else I could ask for in eternity. He has already given me the one thing I need. Amen.

Taken from reading Romans 6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment