Picture

Picture

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

How I Win

How do I fight? How do I win? Do I arm myself to the teeth? Do I take guard during the night? Do I attack when the enemy is resting? Do I recruit the strong?

No. I put my trust in God. He is my hope in times of trouble. He is my shield in the battle. The Lord knows my path and my ways. He has my feet established and will not let me fall. Though I may see destruction he will raise me up. Though I face pain and anguish he will restore me. He is my God and my king. He rescues me in times of trouble.

How can I hear from God? How can I know him? Do I look for him on a journey? Do I search for him in the woods? 

No. I must be still. I must be quiet. My soul must learn to listen to his voice. He speaks and guides. I must listen. Do I long to experience his presence? I must be still. I must bow. Silence and submission to the Lord is the way to hear his voice clearly.

Lord, I know you are my only way. You are my only rock. You are my only protector. I can build a wall, build a fortress and yet the enemy could bust it down. But they can never defeat you. No one can overtake you. You are all I need and the only one I can depend on. You are holy. Hallelujah to the King of Kings.

Rip out the hooks that the world has in me. Rip them out and heal my wounds. Forgive my sin, please Lord. Restore me to total devotion. May I never hold on to anything in this world. May I let everything go joyfully. May I love you with my whole heart. May I be the husband, father, friend, and pastor that those around me need. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment