Picture

Picture

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

You are Victorious!

John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

John 18:36-37 My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews...For this purpose I have come into the world-to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.

Christians should walk in encouragement and victory. Our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, has overcome sin, death, and the world. Everything has been secured for Jesus' disciples.

Many Christians live defeated because of three distinct reasons. First, some Christians experience discouragement when they do not see victory over sin in their own lives. They get stuck repeating a sin over and over then give up. Second, many Christians do not see victory over death in this world and end up forgetting that this life is only a mist in the grand scheme of eternity. Third, many Christians live defeated because they see the chaos and disorder in the world and forget that it is temporary and the kingdom to which they belong is not of this world!

When believers see sin, death, and the world from an eternal perspective they position themselves to experience the peace and joy that Christ brings to their lives! Remember what Jesus said to his disciples when preparing them to experience persecution and troubles in the world:

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” 

My prayer for you is that you would not fall to discouragement because of the sin you are still in the process of overcoming, that you would see all things through the lenses of eternity, and as a result walk in victory and confidence because Jesus has conquered sin, death, and the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment